Sant Ambroeus

I HEART Sant Ambroeus big time I feel like this everytime I stop in Sant Ambroeus on 1000 Madison Ave. at 76th street. They're in the Village at 259th West 4th street.
Everytime I go to the Met it's compulsory to stop for a gelato...
They have 24 flavors ($3.00 for a single)
If you sit at a table (just like in Italy) it will cost you more ($4.50) Yes I'm addicted to gelato pistache...
You can stand up at the bar and pay less (just like in Italy).
Sant Ambroeus has those little bite-sized sandwiches/panini (just like in Italy).
 In the back they have a nice dining room...
I LOVE looking in their pastry case...
 In my opinion there's either a French pastry chef lurking in the back...
Or someone who's done a stage at Pierre Herme in Paris...
They have an upscale version of tiamisu.
And your very traditional Italian cookies/biscotti. Sant Ambroeus is a Milanese pasticceria/confetteria.
I'm not wild about traditional Italian biscotti but for this pretty Italian cookie box I'd commit hari-kiri. Wouldn't you?
I feel like a kid in Sant Ambroeus. Lick lick :)
Other times I feel like this lady(at the Met Infinite Jest show). After looking at all those scrumptous desserts I still always end up with the gelato.
BUON GIORNO SANT AMBROEUS!

Search This Blog