La Maison du Chocolat Onsite Sketching

Onsite sketching part deux - Ta da!
BEAR choisie La Maison du Chocolat on 1018 Madison Ave.

And BEAR choses the eclair caramel ($6.50). He is partial to caramel so what can I do..?

I LOVE the striations on this pastry - for me they are the sign of a classy eclair, though I have no proof of this.

Inside La Maison du Chocolat's eclair the creme caramel is...creamy and contrasts nicely with the caramel icing on top. Why don't I have the correct words to describe this to you? At least you can head here without traveling 3000 miles

OK, We're here to PAINT ONSITE! Voila! I decide to stick with 'thumbnails' at first go...

BEAR studies the recipes in LMDC's chocolate book while I doodle - he has not given up on b--king like some people...ahem

I'm sitting in an alcove just above the chocolate shop s0 I can hear bits of conversation wafting by...

"Chocolate is the modern miracle cure for everything!"
There is a lot of giggling in response
. As I paint a smiling chef comes out of the kitchen and sneaks a quick peek but is respectful and says nothing. Other staff pass by smiling. When I go to pay at the cash register, Michael Olsen, chocolate master and New York store manager takes my money. I ask him,

"You make people happy here don't you?"

He says, "Yes we do." smiling.

La Maison du Chocolat is a little piece of Paris just waiting to tempt you. They have awfully nice chocolate classes too..

Here's why BEAR & I fell for La Maison's eclairs...

La Maison's windows are dependably witty and very Parisienne...

Oh why didn't I get their terrific chocolate macaron? I'm kicking myself a bit (and BEAR too). Especially after reading Louise of Raids Patisseries excellent survey of chocolate macarons in Paris. Don't miss it! We will simply have to return for more sketching at La Maison - Life can be tough sometimes..non?

BONJOUR ONSITE SKETCHING at LMDC!

Search This Blog