What I Ate in London

I think I ate a crawfish sandwich on brown bread every day in London from Pret A Manger, but this looks like a BLT from Marks and Sparks. Did I eat rashers of bacon for breakfast?
Up the whazoo! Greens and salads are hard to find when you're traveling but I had this healthy dinner at artist Ian Siddaway's. His wife, Lydia is a chef. Every artist needs a chef for a wife/husband in my opinion. All applications will be given careful consideration. One of you told me to go to Sketch Parlor for tea and thank goodness for that. I ordered a 'jellied' dessert by Paris chef Pierre Gagnaire, which according to the BBC Food Programme is very in now. You told me to go to Kensington Gardens Palace for tea. I did as I was told. Very nice indeed. You did not tell me to go to Afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason. I did that on my own by going up too high in the elevator. Very high in the pocketbook too. Ottolenghi haven't I raved enough about the place? Are the Passion Fruit meringue tarts still available or did you gobble them up?
OK, my favorite place to eat in London (and has been for years) is FOOD FOR THOUGHT in Covent Garden 31 Neal street.
I'm including the times for next trip so I won't show up and find them closed..
It's very informal, very small - just a few seats. And French girls were sitting nearby - always a good sign.
AND VERY good! Plus you get lots of those hard-to-find salads.
Almost everyday I ate a Grannie Smith apple from Pret A Manger rather than
These potato chips at the Chunnel station. I tried a bag for research purposes called, 'Chedder N' Onion'. All I tasted was potato - no chedder, no onion. It must be me.
This tiny paintbox in Green & Stone's window on Kings road looked especially delicious to me, though I probably have one lurking in a drawer at home.
So what do you love to eat whilst in London?
Do tell!

Search This Blog