London Studio...

I've been painting teapots today, though not this one, not yet. This teapot was provided when I stayed at the Club in London = love at first sight... It's convenient to have a sink right by your drawing table (really a pull-out writing table in the chest of drawers)... Wherever I go...



Except when staying at French Girls', where I mind my Ps and Qs. There was one catastrophe - the result of a pair of pink underpants, seen here drying on the window knob. They have 'SUPER MODEL' printed on the seat in big silver letters, so they're favorites and previously considered lucky underwear. I hand-washed them as usual. FG has a 6-string clothesline over the tub on which I'd seen sheets, towels, and practiquement Berber rugs hanging. Naturalment I didn't think twice when I tossed them up over the lines. Naturalment the whole thing came crashing down! I tried to untwist and replace it, but one string was irrevocably broken. The pants went onto the radiator to dry. When FG came home I was sitting as usual at the computer quietly tapping away. First words I hear,

"What happened in the bathroom?"

Not so lucky after all.

Bear and Squeak, the cat, hold a truce session in my studio-bedsit...

I would have loved to paint this mess on top of the desk...

Pencil thumbnail for Green teapot watercolor...

Green teapot in London, watercolor, 9" x 11"

Tarte Citron in Paris, watercolor, 9" x 11"

Hediard tea in Paris, watercolor, 9" x 11"

Has anyone has painted at the breakfast table at the Club..? This hallway sign should have been on my door.
I tipped the cleaner, Manuel extra not to clean up my mess.
BONJOUR LONDON STUDIO!

I create an 'artistic' mess...


Search This Blog