Ottolenghi Passion Fruit Meringue Tart!

When I was dreaming about what 2-do in London - top of the list - Ottolenghi
It took me a few days to search out their shop in Kensington on 1 Holland street...
Once I found it I was committed. Recipe for chermoula baked aubergine with bulgar and Greek yogurt here.
Lock, stock and smoking barrel!
YUM! More on their food philosophy.
I took my box of goodies out to Kensington Gardens just like you all told me...
Time for dessert I swooned...
I must have an inner geiger counter to top desserts.
This Passion fruit meringue tart IS THE BEST DESSERT I'VE EVER EATEN!!!
In their window I spotted it...
And managed to pass up...
Many other gorgeous beauties, including this strawberry-lemon cupcake...
Raspberry-Lemon cupcake in London, watercolor, 9" x 11"
Though I managed to paint it today...
A pre-painting exercise of washes of colors I'm playing with...
Regarde: I passed up these heavenly-looking lemon tarts
And ate a grand total of...
FOUR passion fruit meringue tarts in 10 days!
Plus sharing another with Sue Snell...does that count?

Please search out Ottolenghi's in London and report back what you think about the Passion Fruit tart. One day I arrived and there were none out. I nearly fainted. They immediatement rushed downstairs to fetch a big tray - it's their most popular tart. This tart merits a trip to London alone, it's that fab. Listen up all you Parisien patissiers.
Ottolenghi has a new cookbook so you can make these luscious goodies at home.
BONJOUR OTTOLENGHI!

You can find more recipes from Ottolenghi in the Guardian too.
Other stories on Ottolenghi with recipes at:
David Lebovitz
Design Sponge
Nordjus
101 Cookbooks

Search This Blog