Les Fruits Rouges de Juillet

Fruit rouge the, watercolor, 9" x 11"
It's July so you should be eating your fruits rouge... If not, please hightail it over to Gerard Mulot on 76, rue de Seine 75006Nobody does fruit rouge better... Mulot seems to be in love with red fruits and why not..? This is the season. I just had some for breakfast. Did you?

Gerard Mulot's bag/sac is perfectly rouge for your red desserts...
Sadaharu Aoki is no slouch with the red pastry brush, but let's face it, Macha green tea is really his favorite...
Ok, you cannot go 2 steps in Paris without bumping into some red fruits. The new Carette salon de the has a stack of them...
Did La Grande Epicerie have moi in mind with this 'Artistes Fruit Rouge'? But you cannot taste everything...
If you can't get your paws on some fab fruit rouge desserts there is always fraise tagada- no one can put a terrific spin on penny candy like the French.
Not to be left by the rue, Sennelier catches the fruit rouges tendance/trend and goes to town with it...
Naturalment you must be appropriately dressed to eat les fruit rouges.
Yes, you can make do with just a red fleur rouge if you have no red shoes...
And yes, you can get away with just a red scarf if it comes to it...
True, you will have to go to Lyon to this all-red shop to get it, but it's just 2 hours there and back on the tgv, so why not?
Then sit yourself down at this red cafe in the Marais...
With this red book. Don't worry about the content, as long as it's red!
I did exactly this in juin. Granted it was not juillet (the RED month) so no wonder there were a few slipups. I ordered this delicious looking fruits rouges compote at A Priori The. They threw in the gingered brownie as an extra treat and miam-miam!
The tea salon is set outside in the Galerie Vivienne so when I went inside to the loo, naturalment I took all my stuff with me, just playing it safe...
Imagine my surprise when I saw the red faces of the staff, crowded around my little table. They thought I had done a runner! Don't believe anyone who tells you the French don't smile. Ha! There were Big smiles all around when they saw me return to pay the l'addition.
BONJOUR FRUITS ROUGES JUILLET!


Search This Blog