First Impressions!

At 11PM this evening, my friend was having a chocolate craving and I was in a fit of boredom (for those who have never experienced this, a fit of boredom is basically just passed out on my bed). So I drove over and we went to the local Tesco's for a wander and spent like an hour just having a browse, haha. I ended up leaving with a couple of cans of Rubicon (the guava juice is the best drink in the world), a Grazia magazine, and this Neutrogena face scrub! The other thing was something I picked up in town this morning.
That said, here are my first impressions of two products:


Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub, £4.49
Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover, £2.99


I was looking for the eye-makeup remover today and my friend pointed out to me the Pink Grapefruit face-wash, which I declined (because I have two facial washes I need to get through, haha). Then this evening we were wandering around Tesco's and I wanted to get a gentle facial scrub, so decided to try this one, as I fancied a bit of a change.
It claims:
-
with exfoliating micro-pbeads the formula unclogs pores to clean deeply and help elimiate spots and blackheads.
- the refreshing scrub gently purifies the skin without overdrying, while a wave of pink grapefruit uplifts the senses.

I used this when I got home about an hour ago so this is my pretty much immediate impressions. It says "gentle" - which I am in two minds about, really. I don't know if I have very sensitive skin, but it was exactly gentle. Not hard, but not really gentle. Firm, maybe? I dunno. They do a good job, though! Just don't know if I would use that word, really.
The smell is pretty lovely! I love anything with a grapefruity smell (even though I hate grapefruit...) so I warmed to this straight away. It's not unlike The Body Shop's Grapefruit scent, but it smells a bit more.. hospitaly? If that makes sense? A bit like disinfectant. It's not off-putting, but it's noticeable, I think.
Like I said, I used it about an hour ago and my skin instantly felt smoother and much cleaner, which I like. It says it gives a "fresh clean feel" which is about right, really! I feel like almost a fiver is a bit on the expensive side, but I suppose I only used about a 5p amount of product so it'll last for a while, and the packaging is fairly standard for these kind of products - but they do get a bit messy around the cap sometimes, which is a pain.

Price: 3/5
Packaging:
3/5
Product:
4/5
Overall:
3/5
Would I buy this product again?: Probably. Might have to try some other options, though.

My Simple eye-makeup remover was starting to hurt my eyes a little bit, like sting my skin, so I thought it was about time to change what I've been using. So I went hunting for a nice one that was gentle to my eyes and found this by Botanics. It claims to be soothing, with "Iceland moss that hydrates and soothes" and I used it earlier to take my makeup off, and it definitely was quite soothing. It's a weird forumla, I didn't really notice but it's very oily, in fact, it separates:
You can see the two different layers, here, one is greenish and one is clear. I'm not sure if it's oil exactly, because the oily looking one is on the bottom. So I dunno about that really. That's beside the point, though. It is very nice on the eye area, and removes makeup very well, even getting off the trace of mascara and eyeliner that normally linger. I don't really know anything about the moss it supposedly has, but it doesn't hurt so this is good in my book!
I loveee the shape of the bottle and the style, I think it's really nice and simple, and it's not a bad price, either, for £2.99! Pretty good, in fact. I can see it lasting a while, as I'll just use this to remove stubborn eye-makeup and then use a cleanser on my face.
It didn't leave an oily residue as oily makeup removers sometimes do. Sometimes they seem to make my skin feel really sticky and heavy, and this didn't do this! So good times were had.

Price: 5/5
Packaging:
5/5
Product:
5/5
Overall:
5/5
Would I buy this product again?: So far, most definitely!

Hope you enjoyed this first impressions review, I am now off to bed!

Search This Blog