First Experiences With Illamasqua's Nail Polishes.. & Something Shiny.

I was in London recently and my mum promised me a treat, so naturally I stopped by the Illamasqua counter, and picked up these two;

Force and Elope, both are £13

They look a little light in the bottles here, but I have individual swatches.
This is Elope;

I saw this and was drawn to it like a fly (psst, see my previous post
about greens.. haha) and the girl swatched it for me and it looked awesome, so I said yes. Unfortunately, on me, it came off sort of weird. With like a rubbery finish? You can sort of see it in the picture. I hope that it was just something I did when I applied it, so I applied it about a week later and I didn't have any of the same problems, which pleases me because it's a reallyyy beautiful colour. I used a top-coat and everything but just dunno! I also worried it was very similar to a cheapo Collection 2000 colour, so I swatched them both side by side on my thumb so you can see;

On the left is Ninja by Collection 2000 (£1.79) and on the right is Elope by Illamasqua.

They look identical in the bottles, but to a green-freak like me, they're different enough to warrant having both, because it's a deeper green. Ninja suddenly looks far too pastel-y when next to it.
The next one is Force, from Illamasqua's latest Body Electrics collection;


This is just immense. It's an absolutely gorgeous colour. A very true, pretty, light royal blue. I highly highly highly recommend this one, and I don't have anything like it in my collection, and it goes on in one coat, pretty much.
The formula's are absolutely great, especially for Force, I just wish I didn't have that one-time weird plasticy finish on Elope. Elope goes on excellently, even if it did take a fewww coats, but it's great. I love these, but I wish the price wasn't quite so steep, but you do pay for an excellent product and eternally classy packaging.

Price: 3/5
Packaging: 5/5
Colour: 5/5
Formula: 4/5
Overall: 4/5

Would I buy this product again?
Absolutely definitely. There's a range of colours I have my beady little eyes on.

Now onto the something shiny.. I definitely bought one of these babies a few weeks ago..

Before you start telling me about all the things that could potentially maybe go wrong with it.. just don't. Don't be so pathetic, I've had enough of that and it's just pisses me off.

Just thought I'd share because I can't resist something shinyy!

Search This Blog