Peggy Porschen Parlour

 While in London I stopped in Peggy Porschen's Parlour on 116 Ebury Street, Belgravia SW1.
 First I stopped into her Academy just to get in the mood,
 Oh my...
 Is this pink chefs jacket not swoon-worthy?
 Further down Elizabeth Street Peggy's pink parlour fills up a whole corner. And to think I was afraid I wouldn't find it...
 Peggy's patisserie is every little girl's fondest dream.
 And there was a steady stream of pretty little British misses coming in and out
 For divine cupcakes and other goodies.
 And why not?
Pink heaven!
 The Brides-to-be back room is full of Peggy's stunning wedding cakes.
Oh my...
 Then we were treated to an afternoon tea set for royal princesses.
 The glorious cakes just kept coming.
 I know the back far right is Peggy's 'Tipsy Orange Truffle' cake - a fragrant orange sponge infused with Cointreau plus orange marmelade and chocolate ganache layers (simply to-die-for).
 Was this Peggy's 'Glorious Victoria'?
Moist Victoria sponge baked with real vanilla, layered with raspberry jam and vanilla bean buttercream. The top had the most exquisite lacy decoration. Almost too beautiful to eat but we forced ourselves. Ha! We both felt like 'Alice' at the maddest tea party ever. The ooos and ahhs...
 Of course we had to taste one of Peggy's perfect cupcakes. We picked the red velvet 'with heavenly cream cheese frosting'. And we both bought boxes of cupcakes to take away for whatever excuses we could come up with.
Doodly-doodly-do
 Peggy was away so we haven't met yet, but the final dessert was a sneak peek at the Boutique Baking book I did the cover artwork for (coming out in May in the UK).
Last December I worked and salivated over photos of Peggy's luscious cakes and shots of her shop. It was a delight to actually sit there and take an afternoon tea I'll never forget. THANK YOU Peggy!
Do stop in if you're in London. I promise you a memorable experience. Just take any London bus that goes to Victoria Station(11,36,148), then walk towards the 'pink corner' on 116 Ebury street.
CHEERS!
Pin It

Search This Blog