Bear makes Ice Cream!

 Bear adores ice cream.
So do I.
 And I love to paint ice cream.
 When my niece, chef Louisa Shafia invited me over to test some recipes - her saffron frozen yogurt ice cream - I did not say no!
 And I got to make the ice cream! churn-churn soooo easy.
 Lousia made us ice cream sandwiches. Are you melting?
 Naturally I had to get a Donvier (non-electric) ice cream maker like Louisa's. And naturally I went hunting for easy frozen yogurt recipes. I found Food For My Family's Lemon yogart. Ta Da!
 Plus Greek Fage yogurt was on sale last week.
 We added a little extra lime zest + juice. It calls for 2 T of grated zest. We may have gone overboard on the zest.
 But how the heck can you measure out zest with these high-tech microplanes? I much prefer Chef Marthe's Paris gizmo - the zest collects neatly in the handle. I'm getting the source for this one.
 Ahem, sometimes Bear drops the lemon into the yogart mixure...
 Do wear white when making frozen yogurt ice cream.
All of my clothes have white spodges on them.
 It takes just a few turns of the paddle within a 20 minute timespan et voila!
Easy peasy and better than store bought ice cream. Plus you know exactly what's in it. I tried making straight-up frozen yogurt with no sugar but that fell flat. We did have success with 2 mangos + 3 cups of yogurt + 1/2 C sugar + lemon. Do not measure out the yogart into a measuring cup. Just dish it out straight from the container.
 Bear and Babar were thrilled with the tart lemony flavor and nice creamy texture.
I was thrilled to come up with 'The Smaller Spoon' diet. Bear's tiny 2 1/2" spoon is coming with me to Paris.
You HAVE to eat slower with this spoon!

Search This Blog