Shoot From The Hip in Paris

Sometimes you ask how I get my shots in Paris. Camouflage(dressed in black) and shooting from the hip.
 That's how I caught this oh so French couple - elegant Older Fr Girl and her companion wearing a Yankee's baseball cap. (Last week an authority said French men do NOT wear baseball caps. Ha!)
 I shoot to sketch later. The Sartorialist I will never be.
 At dinner last week a friend remarked in frustration,
'We had a meeting today with the French - their hair was unwashed, no makeup, yes they were skinny but they looked so %#@!chic!'
 The Canon PowerShot S95 is my trusty companion to shoot on the sly in Paris always set on Auto....
 I love shooting the French from the back...
 Backs can be so revealing of character...
 What's not to love about this French kid's swagger?
 The side view works too...
 I prefer not to be invasive on the street...
 I'd rather not ask permission but I try to be discrete in what I show you...
 Sometimes I get caught...
 Red-handed...
 There's no age limit to getting caught either...
I always get caught by the sharp-eyed guards at La Grande Epicerie but that will never be a deterrent ever.
BON WEEKEND & HAPPY SHOOTING!

Search This Blog