Combien?

 Prices are always clearly posted in Paris/France merci dieu.
 I think it's the law. Particularly when it comes to bread/pain the government sets the prices/prix and they MUST be posted in the window/vitrine no less. Ha! Try and find this in the US anywhere. So many places don't post prices. It's a snob thing here...
 Even the fanciest places like patisserie Christian Constant post their prices loud and clear. It does make the decision process easier don't you think?
 Lunch blackboards/ardoises in the street are a great aide...
 If you see the word 'formule' in a lunchtime menu - that's the best thing to order. The best deal for what was bought fresh from the market that day. Everyone around you (if they're French) will be eating it. It makes sense and cents.
 At the creperie there are so many prices you could go nuts. As a rule when I'm abroad I think of 10 euros or pounds like $10. It's the standard everywhere and easier than checking dollars on your calculator. Forgetaboutit.
 I adore French signs...
 Some of them are quite artful and personal like at the market/marche...
 Here the flowers are nicer than the signs or porte-etiquettes...
 High-end Pain du Sucre tells you how much that verrine is going to hurt yr purse...
 The variety of price signs fascinates me endlessly..I could look and look
 Here the price sign is popped right in the middle of the tarte! Does it come with the tarte too?
I wouldn't mind being this woman in Montmartre for a day putting up price signs. Maybe then I'd get this obsession out of my system...
BONJOUR LE PRIX!

Search This Blog