Pierre Herme Fetish Azur

Naturalement, first thing off the Metro today, coming from the Eurostar, I went into Lenotre for their tarte citron meringue. The es-ca-la-tor lets you off just in front so does one have a choice?How I wish the filling had been more lemony - Lester don't yell at me or moan at the left crust svp... Am I addicted to Lemon tarts? 'Accros' is French slang for obsession/addiction.
Recently Pierre Herme annouced of his newest macaron box designed by artist, Nicolas Vial.
Vial's exhibit at the Musee de la Poste, was second on my agenda after Lenotre's citron tarte.
Vial is definitely 'accros' of lemon yellow/jaune citron.
Many lashings of lemon in his paintings so what's not to love.
By the way Herme has a new gorgeous baking book out
Reves de Patissiere - it's so golden it glows.
Glowy windows at P.Herme
Showing off his newest 'fetish' of the season.
Et Voila! 'Le Tarte Azur'
I get the mini verison - it's intensely lemony/chocolatey.
There is a bit of citron vert croquante/ preserved lime plus Japanese Yuzu, another lemony fruit. Little squared chunks of sable sit on top a rich ganache - beneath this a thin layer of chocolate cake. Altogether a plethora of textures and flavors that melt in the mouth.


I tasted the crust.
And shared the rest with the Saint-Sulpice pigeons.

Search This Blog