Earl Grey Classic

Ta-Da! The Eurostar trip was pleasently uneventful and London is sunny! Peyton And Byrne has lemon meringue cupcakes but I'm saving myself for les Paris meringuees.
Off to my digs in Chelsea (I wish I was biking)
A Chelsea 'Yummy Mummy'.
Time for shopping!
First stop Fortnum and Mason.
I'm on assignment. French Girl must have her Earl Grey Classic tea but it MUST be in a bag, not a tin (she's French you know).
Of course they were out of the bags and had only tins. But this kind gentleman emptied out some tins into a bag for FG. That could never happen in France. Doodly, doodly, do.
This gent told me Frenchies come in looking for Mariage Freres tea, which of course, is not allowed to cross the water...ahem
The packaging in Fortnum and Mason is soooo witty and soooo British.
Remember the 'Infinite Jest' exhibit at the Met?
Nearby bookstore Hatchards has tables of PG Wodehouse - I'm tempted. When in London.
The Underground is packed.
No wonder it's called the Underground!
Loved these Fall windows at Mulberrys.
Cath Kidston - another sign you're in England.
Time for bed.
I'll sleep in a Designer's Guild chaise lounge bien sur.
Cheers from London!

Search This Blog