Leslie Caron, Jill Colonna & Tintin!

Yesterday I had a brief encounter with superb actress Leslie Caron in the Metro Etoile station... I saw an elegant French woman checking the metro map. Then I saw her little dog - out came the camera immediatement.
Remember Leslie Caron of Gi-Gi, Lily, American in Paris, Damages, Le Divorce, more recently Law and Order.
I saw the woman go off in one direction, turnaround and come back. Metro Etoile is a confusing station. I sensed she was lost.
I went up and said,
'Peux je vous aidez?'/ Can I help you?
Mm. C. said, 'bla bla bla' in French
Me, 'but I'm American'
Mm. C.responded in perfect English in her inimitable lilting voice,
'Isn't it funny an American helping a French person in the Metro?' and smiled graciously.
I helped her find ligne 8 and then asked if I could take a picture of her Shitzu.
'His name is Tea-Tea' (sp)
All I could think was her movie 'Gi-Gi'
Leslie Caron's book, Thank Heaven A Memoir came out two years ago. It's a classy tell-all of her life and loves in Hollywood and everywhere else. I'll be reading it as soon as I get home. Lovely interview here.
Everyone in London and Paris is talking about the new Spielberg Tintin movie coming out exactly the day I head home. AirFrance could you please show it in economy?
Yesterday I picked up Le Point to browse while enroute to my private macaron lesson with.
Jill Colonna of Mad About Macaron fame. Jill is quite determined I will conquer the elusive macaron secrets.
 Bear inspects egg whites put out that morning. And it was a misty, rainy day so everything should have gone wrong.
But Jill is a maitress de macaron. She whipped up these truly, deeply, madly lemony macs for me.
After class, Jill took me on a grand tour of Saint Germain-en-Laye's finest patisseries. M.O.F. Patisserie Osmont was irresistable.
The tarte citron meringuee beckoned...
Perfect for breakfast today! Little crunchy orbs of meringue sit atop a light lemon curd.
Inside a touch of framboise/raspberry surprise lurked.
Today I ate my crust. Chef Osmont won me over and I was very hungry. Leslie Caron said in this Guardian interview,
'I seldom eat pastry–maybe once a year. I never eat desserts and I don't drink'.
Oh Leslie, how can you?
Bonjour Leslie Caron, Jill Colonna & Tintin!

Search This Blog