Sarabeth's Bakery

Yesterday I went to Sarabeth's Chelsea bakery to see her new book...
This is her new much adored baby, Sarabeth's Bakery, From my hands to yours.
First I stopped in the bakery to grab a few shots...
Miam-miam!
Everything in Sarabeth's Bakery and served in her restaurants, all the recipes are in this book so you can make them too.
We shared fresh-from-the-oven to-die-for chocolate chubbies...
The photos were shot onsite on this very table - they look like you could reach out and take a bite or brush off the flour...
The book is exquisitely designed by Louise Fili - everything is laid out crystal clear and detailed. Even an idiot non-baker like moi could figure these out...
There are tons of step-by-step photos...
This is Sarabeth's ONE copy.
The book does not come out until October 19th but you can pre-order it.
It was all I could do to wrest the book from her hands to grab a few shots...
Everything is classy and classic about this book - the design, the recipes - many are from aunts, mother-in-laws, friends.

And the flavors are classic - vanilla, chocolate, strawberry.
Sarabeth proudly showed me her steeping vanilla beans, soaking in what looked like primordial ooze. She says it's only rum...
Sarabeth demos her industrial mixer...eek
Here sporting the same apron Meryl Streep wore in the movie...
'It's Complicated'
All the baking scenes...
Were shot at Sarabeth's Bakery...
Naturellement my mind turned to the jams I'd seen lined up like soldiers in the shop...
Maybe I could make jam...
Sarabeth and I both studied calligraphy with the queen of Copperplate, Elinor Winters, though I never reached this level of expertise...
I thought of doing a watercolor of this mini jam and golden palmier but my appetite got there first. These babies are gone gone gone.
Sarabeth can usually be found in her Chelsea Market Bakery on 75 Ninth Avenue & 15th street.
Her book is as accessible and friendly as she is. Sarabeth wanted it to be 'no frills'. As if you're in the kitchen together sharing baking tips...
Sarabeth's Bakery will be launched at William Sonoma on October 19th so come by for a taste and a demo.
~
BONJOUR SARABETH!

Search This Blog