Friday Favourites! (9th October)

I like the idea of a weekly favourite post! So I'm going to do one whenever I have time. I am not promising every week though! sometimes, I like to go out on a Friday night.. haha.

Venomous Villains & Jin Soon Nail Trend 2010!
(L-R: Rain of Flowers, Formidable, Bad Fairy)
- Bad Fairy looks amazing over a mustardy yellow and over black. Over red it gives it a pinky tinge. I want to try it over a green but I'm tired right now.
- Formidable is intense, I adore it, it looks even better over a purple or a yellow.
-
Rain of Flowers is gorgeous in bright lights, and the rest of the time has a little, distinct shimmer.
-
Mean & Green, the one I didn't GET, but thought I would like the most.. is weird! It's an odd mixture of green and purple and yellow. It looked weird on the nail. Shame, but I picked up Rain of Flowers from the Nail Trend Collection instead! Silver linings.
- These are PACKED full of glitter. Look. Glitter is gorgeous.
I have work in the morning but I'll do a full review tomorrow, with sunlight and everything!


Winter Coats
I tried on some coats today in Dorothy Perkins and I reaaaally want either a parka or a big duffle coat. I am unsure, though. I have to decide. I really loved the grey-duffle, but it's £65. I do want a new coat, though. Oh, dilemmas..

Dramatic Makeup
More dramatic makeup. I felt like I got into a super deep rut with my makeup and needed a change. So I'm putting down my beloved Naked palette and reaching for my Illamasqua and MAC a bit more. This was today. It looks gold & brownish in this picture, but it was deep purple in real-life and black in the crease. Damn camera.

GOSH Fix Base Coat & Holographic Joy
I wore GOSH Holographic with the Fix Base Coat, supposedly akin to NFU-Oh's Aqua Base, and it's amazing! A polish that would normally have chips in by the end of the first day lasted for three, with only a little chipping around the edges! It also made it much smoother and easier to apply. Definite fan of that one. Oh, and my nails are short again, I was getting irritated!

Green Giraffes & Great Friends
I had the most amazing dessert at Giraffe today. Actually my whole meal was pretty good, but the dessert was amazing. Belgian waffle, roasted banana, chocolate sauce and vanilla ice-cream. They messed up our starter, but they gave us a little giraffe to make up for it. Mine is the green one. I had a lovely catch-up with a friend from work too, and ended up talking for ages in the restaurant cause we barely see each other at work anymore, it's got so stressful, haha.

How has your week been? I've been rushing to get a painting finished all week so I could really enjoy myself today! I have to be up early tomorrow, but I'm only working until 1.30PM and I get Sunday off! Winner. Sunday lie-in, anyone?

Search This Blog