Paris To-Dos

Bear is packed and ready to leave for Paris on Thursday. I am not.... It's easy to take the suitcase out of the closet...
But it is SO HARD TO OPEN IT UP.
Does this happen to you?
Why is that?
Or do you start packing months in advance..?
Ah, the almighty making of To-Do lists when you're going away... And then moving at a snails pace when it comes to actually doing them... I did get to the bank to buy some Euros...
Of course the dollar$ had just fallen steeply that day :(
I did get a pre-trip haircut on Friday...
Cross off another 'To-Do'!
Yay
I LOVE looking at maps before I go away. That's fun.
I even have a Metro map plastered on the kitchen wall and Metro placemats on the table to immerse my brain unconsciously. Are you a map nut?
Harder than what to wear in Paris, is what books to bring?
Books are so darn heavy.
But you can photo-copy just the pages you want.
Why do I end up taking 100's of pages I never look at :(
As for clothes - I take basic black and pick up the latest tendance/trendie thing at H&M once I'm there. That's the funny thing about Paris. If something is trendie you can find it all price points everywhere like the trenchcoat or ballerinas. The French are a bit like Lemmings when it comes to trends...
I always take my lucky dice bracelet with me...even if I'm just going round the corner. Do you have a talisman you always take on a trip?
They say the absolute BEST part of travel is all the anticipatory planning and dreaming BEFORE you actually leave!?
I would like to go to NEW PLACES this trip.
Not the same old, same old...
I want to explore NEW arrondissements (like the 11th which I keep meaning to go to and never do).
Your suggestions are most welcome!
Another thing I'd like to-do is start thinking about coming home. Re-entry into the real world is always such a shock.
Why is it we rarely plan for 'The Return'?
BONJOUR PARIS TO-DOS!

Search This Blog