Borough Market London

I hope you're REALLY hungry today. We're going to Borough Market today! I love this location sign. Have you ever seen such big wheels of cheese?
London leafy greens are at Borough Market in depth.
And plenty of reds...
Every stall offers tastes too...
Though not the vegetable stands...
The signs get you salivating...
Plus the aromas + visual treats = unbeatable!
So many savory goodies.

The entire planet is represented here in national cuisines.
Of course the very British old favorites like pork pies.
Choosing is the hardest part...
I love these giant vats of steaming delicious foods...
And there are tastes before you buy.

Most plates of food cost about a fiver...
Cassoulet with cider offered nearby...
Even the signs are delicious at Borough Market...
Simply scrumptcious melty cheese reclette.

Miam-miam
Unmelted cheese tastes aplenty...
Gorgeous still lifes just waiting to be painted everywhere.

Someone was sitting on the ground sketching...
I went around 11 o'clock just as things were starting to hum.

London Bridge Tube station is the best stop to get out at in my opinion.
Not everyone was eating fish & chips, though it surely seemed that way...
There's a nice church nearby where people eat their goodies.

What did I have? I had a scallop shell full of crayfish and a falafel wrap with humus. I showed a little restraint for once...

I was saving myself for Ottolenghi's passion fruit meringue tart. Fortunately I never made it . Well not yesterday anyway...

You can buy lovely hand-painted plates to eat off if you prefer...
And of course there were a gazillion sweets on offer. These are from l'Artisan du Chocolat :)
I only saw ONE dog, but it was a very BIG dog.
Borough Market is such a big market it requires only big dogs.

It is not to be missed under any circumstances!

GO! And tomorrow is 'Apple Day'

BONJOUR BOROUGH MARKET!

Search This Blog