Makeup Storage

Some people have asked how I store all my makeup, so I thought that I would post a coupla' pictures & explain where to find containers and such! I've never had a problem, but I'm aware some people seem to get funny when people show how much makeup they have - just a warning, I am not boasting. Everything here is bought with my own money, or a gift for birthdays/Christmasses. I don't get anything sent to me (I wish! haha), I will not send you anything I don't want, and don't tell me I'm spoilt, please, because I don't care what you think about all that!

The majority of my makeup is kept in these really useful lunch-box type boxes. I found them in one of those cheap, pound-style stops in Fleet, a town near me. They have loads of really cheap, good quality boxes and such. I really like clear things, so you can see what you've got in there, and it looks nicer on your desk, if you don't want to splash out on something more expensive. Another place is somewhere like IKEA or TK Maxx, and they seem to have other cheaper stores where they sell boxes and such.
I have four boxes, one I keep lipsticks & lipbalms in, one I keep my blush, face powders, MSF's, etc, one has eye products that don't have anywhere else to leave - basically non-MAC eyeshadows that don't fit in a pan.
Everything else that is in a MAC-pan, goes in one of their palettes:
And then I have a bunch still in little quads - some are premade, collection quads, and then I have a couple I bought that are really useful for traveling/going out with.

I love to store my lipsticks this way up because it's SO much easier when you know exactly what you want, as you can see all the name of them! I've had them all chucked in boxes and on their sides before, and it's just not as easier to find anything, so I recommend something like this.
I do want to look into getting something like this, because they look very suitable, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on it, and I don't want it to take up too much space! I know you can make similar dividers out of cardboard, but they just don't look as nice! haha.
Other lip products (and some other bits which I'll get to later) are stored in these glass jars.
They were from IKEA and I don't remember the price, but I know they weren't more than a few pounds, I think about £3.
As you can see in these, I have six, and they're separated into different categories.
These are the closest to me, and the ones I reach for the most:
On the far-right, I have my face products, like foundation, primer, eyeshadow-primer, concealer, etc. In the middle jar, I have all my bigger, face brushes, as you can see, they were dirty in this picture, sorry! And then on the far-left, I have all my eye-brushes, nail-brushes, and eyelash curler.
And then I have these three:
In the on the left I keep miscellaneous lipglosses, such as Rimmel glosses, Stila Lipglazes, lot's of Estee Lauder glosses. In the middle jar, I keep all my MAC Lipglosses/Dazzleglasses, etc, along with other high end lip products, like some Chanel, Guerlain and Illamasqua. And then I also have a few eyeliners in this one, too. And then the one on the right has a plethora of eyeliners, mascaras, lipliners, etc.

Phew!
Didn't expect that to be so long! How do you store everything? Is it all categorised, or do you just put it in a box? I hope this will be useful!

Search This Blog