The Body Shop: Lip Butters Review

When I was writing my review for the body butters, I came across these in my collection, and thought I'd do a little review, because I've never really seen any of them, as I think it would be good to give my opinion on them!
Passionfruit Lip Butter - 10ml, £4
Mango Lip Butter - 10ml, £4

My favourite of these two is the Passionfruit. It smells delicious and I just want to lick it right off. The mango has a similar effect, haha. Unfortunately, these aren't nearly as moisturising as their body-butter-counterparts.
They kind of leave a sticky feeling on the lips, which I'm definitely not a fan of, and make my lips all white. They don't moisturise as well I would like, but I love the smell so I'll carry on using them, I suppose!
I also feel like they're rather expensive. A tube of Carmex is £2.49, and one of these will set you back £4 (they used to be £5, I swear, but on the website they're now £4, which is still on the pricey side). I don't mind paying that for ones where the proceeds go charities (I know they do one that goes to an AIDS charity and one that goes to a Domestic Violence charity), but just for a regular old lipbalm.. Unless you really love one of the smells, I would say have a look elsewhere!
Oh, and I'm not a massive fan of lipbalms in these little pots.. long nails and hygiene reasons and other people using them and that... ick, no.

Price: 2/5
Packaging: 3/5
Product: 2/5
Overall: 2/5
Would I buy this product again?: Probably not, I've had these for a while and they're barely touched.

I love The Body Shop, and I love their body-butters, but I just don't love these, which makes me very sad! Maybe it's just not for me, oh well.

Search This Blog