EATALY NYC

GRAZIA TANTE PBers for your 'take away' comments yesterday!
Sometimes you need someone else's point of view to 'get' what you're about. This nocciola gelato is for YOU. They were out of pistache. You'll have to come back early in the morning for pistachio.
Monday enroute to Publish Your Own Book class I passed EATALY NYC on 23rd street... No way could I not go inside
WOWZA! this place is HUGE!
60,000 sq. ft. huge!
They are selling everything under the sun Italian. Plus there are 14 (yes I said FOURTEEN!) places to dine here, by yourself... Or ensemble.
Doesn't this look like fun?
D'accordo they have tiramisu...
And Duomo-like concoctions...
You don't have to go to Paris to get verrines - come to Eataly.
And the loveliest wallpaper you ever did see...
Every inch of wall space is covered with Italian productos...
I overheard someone say of this giagantic chocolate bar...
"Look! There's a Hazelnut in every bite!"
We must thank Lidia Bastianich and Mario Battali for bringing us all this joy. I've drawn and painted them both, but who knew what was in store?
Cappuccino anyone?
Or you can stand and order freshly sliced prosciutto, mozzarel and wine...
Petti di poulo?
Pesce?
New Yorkaise typique - she's thinking about what to eat.
He's checking the $ markets...
I ran back after class as the counter was closing at 10pm. The staff took pity and gave me a bowl of Summer Minestrone with a side of garlicy toast. My 'Tornado' cold was ascending with a touch of computer virus.
Just what the doctore ordered ($9.00)
200 5th Ave / 23rd St
OMG I MISS...
ITALIA!
BUON GIORNO PBers!

Search This Blog