Alliance Francaise de Washington

Friday morning at the crack of dawn...
OK I left the house at 4:30 AM and I DID NOT post on PB
Please forgive moi :(
Bonjour Maison Blanche Capitol Building!
In Washington everything is on a grand scale including Union Station...
And the Metro is divine.
Hello NYC MTA? Faites attention!
The Alliance Francaise de Washington is right in the midst of embassy row. Row upon row of simply gorgeous maisons...
My name was on the door...I have to crow a bit :)

25 Paris facade watercolors are on view...miam-miam
More than 100 (!) people showed up for the vernissage/opening.
A Photo by Marine Cornuet
multitude of macarons were provided by the excellent and very French Mad MacNYC..
Somehow through the blur of people and pictures, I spotted what looked decidedly like a macaron bag!?
What was inside the box?
The end of the soiree turned into a macaron fete! Comparing macaron 'feet' and parfums etc. Educational director, Sarah Pickup-Diligenti tests one out. Well we all did. And guest, Alexander, shared how easy it was to bake your own macarons! Poor guest Christopher's macarons from Michel Patisserie were more or less decimated. This is what happens when you dare to walk around with macaron bags in tow. Beware!
Saturday morning I received email instructions from Merisi of Vienna (a former DCer) that I must go to Eastern Market and off I went.
The Market Lunch is the place to eat brunch, let me tell you!
Not to worry about the long lines either. You will meet people who will only be too happy to advise you what to order when your chance at last comes...
Darlene insisted I have the crab cakes, fried green tomatos and grits. These are the best crab cakes on the planet IMHO.
They had the buckwheat with blueberry and grits by the way...
Then I had an appointment with a lady in a red hat at the National Gallery...
Then tea...With Woodrow Wilson...
I spotted a chausson aux pomme nearby...who could resist?
Plus a pistache gelato...
Well it does seem like all I did was eat in Washington DC doesn't it...hmmm
Back to NYC and realitee...
BONJOUR LUNDI PBers!
AND A BIG MERCI FOR EVERYONE WHO CAME TO THE AF DC!!



Search This Blog