The Goude Touch

I fell in love with this Paris poster/affiche the first time we met in the Metro. It still captivates does it not?
J'adore graphiques Paris!!
New York used to be terrific in this arena, mais non plus/no more :(
WAKE UP NYC!!!
One of the absolute maitre of French graphics is Jean-Paul Goude.
Together with his muse, the fabulous GRACE JONES, they made New York and Paris jump!

I was browsing Jean-Paul Goude's new book The Goude Touch and fell in love instantly.
"Goude is behind some of the wittiest billboards in Paris, in perfect control of his medium and with an intuitive sense of chic... "In an inspired moment, Galeries Lafayette gave Goude a rare degree of creative freedom, and Goude responded with some of the best work he has ever made: a modern classic of commercial art." I would so love to be this girl sitting in a champagne glass spooning out the caviar (which by the way you can pick up at the Madeleine to the right of Hediard..)
A poetry affiche near St. Sulpice...
Simple, clean and witty - the Europeans have not forsaken illustration the way the US has to tell a story...
Peter's Paris showed me this crazy doorway in the back streets of the 6th arrondissement...
I'd like to be this girl too, dancing in Annick Goutal's vitrine...
Not a big poster, but a little postcard! I can see this certainment as an affiche...
so witty.
I would LOVE to have this affiche hanging on my walls, not because I'm nuts for les religieuses, though I do adore Angelina.
This wall poster is just so fun!
If this little ardoise was hanging next to your house you would living near the wonderful SECCO! I am so ready for that...
Lady Gaga take notes.
BONJOUR Grace et Jean-Paul Goude!!

Search This Blog