Thank Heaven: A Memoire

My brief encounter with Leslie Caron and her dog Tee-Tee in the Metro was one I won't forget... As a former shoe designer, I was captivated by her spectator shoes. How funny I called my version 'Fred Astair'...
A few nights later I was shooting the windows on rue Grenelle...
And discovered a shoe shop, Mme. Caron would adore...
Look - the perfect dancing shoes!
All these are from Laure Bassal - 3, rue Grenelle 75006
Elegant 20's style shoes still hand-made in France with a flapper edge that will never go out of style.
Since I got home I'm captivated by Mme. Caron's book, Thank Heaven: A Memoire. I can't put it down.
Tales of developing her craft and funny stories on the set will make you want to watch Caron's movies again. This morning's pick - Truffaut's The Man Who Loved Women.
Her intimate little stories of encounters and friendships are gripping tales - I wish this book wouldn't end...
You can watch Father Goose on Youtube by the way...
I'm awfully glad life is full of serendipitous surprises, especially in the Paris Metro.
Merci Leslie Caron!

Search This Blog