Paris Pastry App

Yesterday I bought the 1st app I can truly say I love.
Paris Pastry Shops app ($4.95) is perfection.
It offers everything you ever wanted to know vicariously about 300 pastry and chocolate shops in Paris without roaming charges or 3G or actually being there.
Where were you when I was in Paris last week PP?
*The popup hrs/days info alone makes this app worth every penny for the times you turned up and the joint was ferme :(
Disclosure: I discovered this app reading Heather Stimmler's newsletter 'Secrets of Paris' yesterday. It's brand new hot off the presses - Heather and David Lebovitz created this much needed app for us PBers. There are lovely Paris maps that do NOT require WIFI
The PP app doesn't include shots of macaron innerds.
You'll have to do those yourself.
It does have a fine glossary of terms should you forget what a 'bostock' is for example. 'It's slices of brioche smeared with almond paste and kirsh, then rebaked'.

Who knew?
Plus you can find pastry shops and chocolate by arrondissement.
With excellent maps of each area.I've become a big fan of MOF pastry chef Arnaud Larher since the salon du chocolat.
He's not easy to find in the 18th arr. (tip - take the No.#80 bus and save yourself some walking)
Now I will be like millions of others craining their necks in an uncomfortable 45 degree angle reading my Paris Pastry Shops app.
THANKS Heather & David!

Thoughtful Larher considers our needs. If you buy just four macarons, they come in a nice gift worthy box.
The same goes if you purchase just two macs - none of those annoying little plastic packs where the macs crush instantly. Something worth considering if you want to bring treats home.
Hugo Victor macarons did not travel so well...perhaps this is another app waiting to happen? The Traveling Mac App. But I'm getting offtrack here.
Even further offtrack in watercolor class, macarons are on the brain as well.
And trying to get onto the paper. Macaron box thumbnails. At last I've found something besides My Fish3D to occupy me.
I was so tempted by these chocolate smart phones at the Salon since mine was hitherto practically useless.
Pin It

Search This Blog