Artist's Journal Workshop

I'm awfully late posting today Darling PBers I know, but you overwhelmed me with your enthusiasm for yesterday's Bordeaux chateaux watercolors!


WOW WOW WOW & BIG MERCI! I would head off for Paris this minute if it wasn't the worse time of the year to do so. *FYI-if you bought more than 1 painting yesterday you were overcharged on shipping and it will be refunded to you PDQ. I messed up filling out the forms on Etsy.


Please forgive :(


On to the wonderful subject of sketchbook journals - they seem to be rampant these days. And why not? Travelers forever have been recording their thoughts, notes and doodles in journals/carnet du voyage.
You don't have to be a so-called 'artiste' to join in the fun. Not at all!

Cathy Johnson's latest, ARTIST'S JOURNAL WORKSHOP will tell you how if you have any doubts at all how to begin doodling in a journal...

Wouldn't you know some PBers are in this book! Rick Tulka, who has nothing to do in Paris but hang out all day, everyday in Cafe Le Select clandestinely sketching - his drawings are brill.

PBer Jeanette, Mistress of Longears Manoir, who mostly spends her time madly chasing rabbits off her estate/chateau in Kansas city is also well represented.

You don't have to be an artist to go crazy over tiny paintboxes (see above). I picked up another little one in Portland, Maine last Saturday though Gawd only knows why!! These things are like macarons - addictive.

Cathy's book addresses important issues like overcoming first page jitters or how to draw your lunch or your sleeping cat or when you should journal. She has a blog as well devoted to sketch journaling.

At one point I used to make my own sketbook-journals...

There are piles of these things lurking in my closet...

Along with my 'Bordeaux chateau' period and 'Daffodil' period I had 'Gondolier
Fever' for a while... It's a pretty contagious disease...

You're bound to catch it at one time or another. You don't even have to go to Venice to get it but it certainly helps.

I'm thinking of having a Gondolier Fever SALE...

Full details tomorrow.

BIG MERCI PBers!!!

xxxCarolg

Search This Blog