Adieu Maine

Adieu Lobster by Carol Gillott Adieu Lobster, watercolor, 9" x 11" I'm hating to leave Maine just as much as you are :)
The last day of David Dewey's workshop is a half day spent close to his house so we can eat a farewell lunch together.
David's palette. However does he get such brilliant color with such a messy palette?
David demos and explains - the sliver of his shirt hanging out just happens to match the yellow-green in his painting. Maybe if I wore more color?
We get the crit before we eat lunch today.
Everyone side-by-side.
LUNCH and what I ate:
Watermelon Salad with Mint Leaves

1 (5-pound) watermelon
1 Vidalia or other sweet onion
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
6 whole mint sprigs
Rick said:
if you really ate all that food you posted, you must be stuffed!!!!!!
Yes, I ate:
1 Lobster Roll
1 clam roll
2 steamed lobsters
2 plates of steamed clams
1 blueberry slice pie
1 rhubarb slice pie
2 Haddock sandwiches
Too much ice creamEverything tastes much better up there.
Now I'm on a mostly CARROTS regime :(
This is where I stayed on the left.
Saturday I went off to Portland. My plane was early Sunday morning.
Natch I had to see the John Marin exhibit at the Portland Museum of Art.
I loved the old photos of Marin almost as much as the paintings.
His wild and wooly watercolors of the Maine ocean...
Made quite a splash in his time - he was ahead of his time really.
He certainly knew how to do a portrait shot!
So it's finally Adieu Maine.
And tomorrow it's BONJOUR BORDEAUX!

Search This Blog