Recent cheek combo.

A few weeks back, I made a little promise to myself that I would try and use some of the products that I don't use as much as I should. This involves two of those colours, MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Warmed, and MAC's Hipness Blush from the Fafi collection, so I thought I'd show you how I've been layering my blusher as of late.
Now, don't get me wrong, I do wear blusher, but I don't really ~vary~ too much. For example, I know peachy-coral shades work really well.. and I kind of tend to stick in that zone. I buy other colours.. but I don't really wear them because I fear them. I bought Warmed about a thousand years ago when I was just getting into MAC products and realising what Mineralize Skinfinishes were etc, etc, etc and I was in that phase where I thought that buying everything MAC was good. Oh, how I was wrong. But that's another story.


Warmed is from the old N Collection, it's a warm shimmery bronze, with streaks of light gold running through it which warms the colour up a bit. I've been wearing this brushed over my cheeks and temples, to half contour the face and half bronze, and it does an excellent job, especially when I get a bit more tanned in the sun.


Hipness is from Fafi, like I said, hence the packaging, and it's an inbetweeny pink. It's not too barbie pink, but it's got a hint of coral in it and a teeny bit of summer. I wear this on the front of my cheeks, to add a bit of colour and not just shimmer.


And finally, Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skinfinish. I think this is part of their permanent collection, but don't hold me to that. I don't know how they recommend you wear this, but for me, if I wore it all over my cheeks, it would be a shitload of shimmer everywhere, haha. With this, I just sweep a little bit on the tops of my cheeks and around the temple in a c shape as a highlighter, and I really like the way that looks.


I used the 187 Brush from MAC to apply this, simply because I like the way it goes on, you can apply a little bit of colour and build it up, and apply it directly where you want.


And just so you can see.. this is what it looks like all together.
It might seem like a lot of effort, but I really like the way this looks altogether, gives the right mixture of bronzer, colour, and highlight. (: I hope you found this useful, and this is a hint to reach for those colours you might not necessarily! The next one on my hitlist is Light Flush, from MAC, an odd pink-bronze.. haha.

Search This Blog