Me And My Baggy Eyes

The basic consensus from the time of the posts on this blog is that I need to sleep more. But on that subject, I bought some new concealer, because I was fed up of the dark circles around my eyes, and the concealer I've been using - MAC's Studiofinish (the one in the little pot) - has been drying my skin out around my eyes something shocking. I was in town with my friend, and decided that fuck it, I would just go ahead and buy a new one, even though I still have a little bit left in my Studiofinish. So I was wandering around House of Fraser, and I basically found that most of these concealers seemed.. horribly unhygienic. Like, I only really get spots or blemishes when I'm either very stressed, or it is around my time of the month, but I don't really like the idea of sponge tip applicators, or the little brushes. I took a picture of the two concealers I own, next to the new one, here;


In the left is Estee Lauder's Illuminating Concealer, in the middle is Studiofinish, and on the end is the new one, which I opted for, feeling it was the best. I feel like Studiofinish is fine if you use a brush, but I prefer to apply concealer with (clean) fingers, but now my nails have got long, i can't really get my fingers in there well and generally it just doesn't seem that nice? Maybe it's just me, but if there's a sponge tip or little brushes, and I'm putting it on a blemish or whatever, and then putting it back in the pot.. not really a fan.

Anyway, after wandering around for a while, I came to the Dior counter - I use Dior foundation, so thought this would be good move. I told the guy I wanted a good, strong coverage concealer, but a moisturising one, and he recommended the "Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer." And it comes in a little tube, you can see the applicator in the picture above, but it's basically just a little tube, and he threw in a free sample of their "Pro-Youth Sorbet Eye Creme":


I do love me some Dior boxes, ah.. It's not really worth showing you the tubes, as they're just.. tubes. So I thought I'd attempt to do a little comparison:


On the left is the MAC Studiofinish. It works fine, and over stronger blemishes, it's great, but I feel like it's way too drying in the sensitive eye area.. And on the right is the new Dior one. I think the difference is pretty noticable, don't you? I've used it for a little while now, and in conjunction with the eye cream, and I've noticed a definite improvement in the skin around my eyes, so I'm pretty pleased about that!
I really like it because it doesn't feel thick and heavy on the under eye, and feels very similar to putting on an eyecream or something like that, it almost sinks in and isn't drying at all.
It is on the expensive side, however, around £19-20 which honestly, is a lot. I will say that a little bit goes a long, long way, and you don't really need to layer this product at all, so I'm hoping it will last me a little while, because it's a lovely product.

Price: 2/5
Packaging: 5/5
Product: 5/5
Overall: 4/5

Would I buy this product again?
I probably would by this again, but I do feel you pay an awful lot for such an awful little amount - 10ml! But I would try and buy it from a place where I can get a sneaky discount, haha.

Search This Blog