MAC's In The Buff Nail Polish Review..

I stopped by my local MAC counter the other week now, to check out the To The Beach collection. And although I really liked this collection, I have most of the colours they released anyway, as I've kind of realised how much MAC seem to repackage old colours or give them different names.. but that is another point entirely. The only thing that really caught my eye was the In The Buff nail polish.



In The Buff, £8.99

It immediately caught my eye for being such an interesting colour - it's basically a light sandy colour, quite fitting for the collection. I was with my mum at the time and so I asked to swatch it on her nail (because she never paints her nails, and mine are nearly always coloured, haha), and I fell in love with it straight away. I think I loved it so much because she has a much dark skin tone that me, I'm naturally quite pale and my mum's very freckly, which makes her skin much dark. Anyway, it was this lovely, light creamy-beige on her. Next time I was in town, I tried it on my friend Debbie, who also has quite pale skin, and it looked really pretty on her, too, so I thought I would buy it.
I got it home and put it on
me and it just didn't look as nice? It definitely looked darker, and seemed to make my hands look super red, and fell more on the yellow side, on my skintone, as I think you can see a little bit in this picture;


As soon as my dad saw it, anyway, he went, "Oh, no, that is awful, what have you done to yourself?" Which made me laugh and kind of hit the nail on the head, haha. Anyway, I left it a couple of days and then decided to try it mixed with some plain white polish, in the hope to make it more like the colour it came out on my mum.. and this is what it came out like;


I 100% more preferred this. This was the light, sandy, beachy colour that I had wanted. I got there, eventually, haha. I think I might tip a bunch of white into the bottle to just try and lighten it a little bit, haha. As usual with MAC polishes, I really had no problems with the application, as some people apparently seem too. All their polishes go on very well and smoothly, and dry very quickly, which I like. The price tag is a bit much, but I don't mind for some of their colours.
Overall, I think if you have tanned or darker skin, this will look great as it is, on me
alone it gives me lobster-hands.

Search This Blog