SAINT VALENTIN'S DAY!

Here is my Saint Valentin's Day presie to you dear PBers!
You've been so kind sending so many thoughtful messages that have touched my heart :)
Did you know there are gorgeous FREE pastry books just waiting for you in Paris? It's absolutement true! If you happen to wander into a patisserie that belongs to the prestious 'Relais Desserts' there are goodies gratuit by the till, like this sumptious FREE calendar. Oh why did 2010 have to come along?
My favorite picture was August's guimauve...miam miam
Blue Bird Tea time, watercolor, 9" x 11"
For a mere blue bird's song (like buying just one macaron or anything else that will take you to the cash register, you'll find all manner of pastry freebies (none edible though).
Rose Bud Tea Time, watercolor, 9" x 11"
I found these journals from the Relais Desserts. The text is in both French and English with recipes included from France's finest pastry chefs...
The photographs are to-die-for!!!
Dalloyau has a tradition of lush and free pastry booklets...
More Miam-Miam!
Les Entres too are included and calorie-free!
Naturalement I flipped for Lenotre's gratuit pastry booklets...
All those yummy brush strokes - right up my allee :)
How I would love to paint this dessert...sigh
Not 'Free' but at least MAD ABOUT MACARONS is now in stock on Amazon. The Scottish publisher thanked me for the PB post, but said the shipment never arrived. Someone somewhere is having a BIG macaron book party...ahem
Not exactly 'Free' but almost. I got back my pictures from the Philadelphia Alliance Francaise exhibit and started putting the still life watercolors into these simple See-Thru Box Frames (for all of $6.50 each) and they look pretty terrific in my humble opinion. So if you recently bought a PB watercolor and are wondering how to frame it, these do the trick rather nicely!
*BTW you will need an 11" x 14" white mat + (4) Photo corners to hold the watercolor. The mat will require some minor trimming on the top and one side to fit inside the plastic box - easy as pie.
Again THANKS SO MUCH for all your kind messages while I'm house-bound.
And THANKS for supporting PB with your watercolor purchases!
PBer Jeanne Long sent me this lovely photo collage she made of her new painting plus included Parisien goodies. If you should be so inspired to follow her example, please email me a photo and I'll put it up on PB. What goes out comes back to you does it not?
BONJOUR SAINT VALENTIN'S DAY!

Search This Blog