NOTD, Nails of the Day! 9/04/2010

Last night I did a bunch of swatches and was experimenting with a few colours, which resulted in me waking up this morning with some poor looking nails. I grabbed this colour out of my box and realised I'd only worn it once before, when I got at Christmas as a gift and tried it out that day. The colour is called Chambord French Martini from Nails Inc, and it came in a gift set with a bottle of Chambord liqueur that I got as a present. I think it was a Christmas promotion type deal, either way, I love Chambord, which is 'black-raspberry' (aka, raspberries and blackberries) flavoured, and all kinds of yummy (hint, try it with champagne, haha).
It's supposed to be made like a raspberry liqueur drunk by Louis XIV of France, and the bottle is this adorable shape, see;


It's absolutely lovely! Me and my friend Debbie are a bit obsessed with this - she loves crowns. Another of our favourite liqueurs, complete with crowns, is Eristoff Black Vodka - it tastes like spiced berry and it's jet black and tastes amazing.. But I'm going off on a tangent.
This is the colour:


I whacked on a bit sloppily because I'd had about an hours sleep and woken up early by my insurance company calling me, and I realised it is possibly the most boring colour in the world. When it's wet it has these excellent, super-fine blue and purple micro-shimmers all through it, but when it dries, you can barely see these, even with a topcoat.
Also, this colour doesn't exactly scream Chambord, either. I have this cheapo colour by Rimmel, appropriate titled 193 Black Cherries which seems like it would've been a much better colour:


It's a dark blackened purple-red with shimmer that really stands out. Unfortunately, the formula on this one is really strange compared to other Rimmel polishes. I'll swatch it another time for you. (:
After wearing it all day, I realised this a bit more of a mum polish, I feel, my mum loves anything with a pearly sheen to it, so I might be donating it to her. Sadly, I think this one just isn't for me!

On a side note, I've gained four new followers in the past twenty-four hours! Thank-you! (:

Search This Blog