The Body Shop: Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Review

You may have seen in my Body Shop Haul post that I recently purchased the Seaweed Deep Cleansing Face Wash.
And well, I've been using it for about a week now.. and I am totally in love.


Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash, £6.50 for 100ml

Previously, I had been using the Clinique three-step program, and had been in two minds about it for some time. I loved the Dramatically Different Moisturising Gel, but the Toner terrified my skin, haha, it reeks of alcohol and makes my eyes water - and smells exactly like nail-varnish remover! I used up one bottle but told myself I'd never buy it again, and I haven't. The face-wash I was in two minds about, I have combination skin, oily in the t-zone, occasionally dry on the cheeks, and have re-purchased once or twice, because I couldn't find anything else that was mild and suitable. However, whenever I used it, it soaked ALL the moisture out of my skin, and left it way too dry and tight, i definitely wasn't a fan. There was something about the smell that I wasn't a huge fan of, either.

So I began to look for a new one, not long before my Clinique ran out, I was looking for some stuff on The Body Shop's website to make my order up to £15, so I could get free delivery (haha, bad idea, definitely!) and found this lovely.
Like I said, I immediately rushed to use it, and was immediately impressed! It leaves my skin amazingly smooth and refreshed, just dry enough to take away the excess oil, but moisturising enough to get the dry patches on my cheeks. I'm finding it's really balancing out my skintone, too. I found that after using Clinique's face-wash, I would have blotchy, reddish patches on my cheeks, that were very dry, like I'd been exfoliating too hard, or something.. but this doesn't do that.
As for the scent, it's pretty damn great too, smells seaweed-y (duh!) and beachy, it must have a hint of menthol in or something, too, because it makes my skin this lovely tingly feeling, and really wakes you up in the morning! It lathers really well, and gives me the right amount of tightness in my pores, without making me feel like I can't move my face.
Generally I can't say enough good things about this product! I wish it was a little bit cheaper, maybe just £5, as opposed to £6.50

Overall, I can't get enough of this product! I adore it and definitely recommend it!

Search This Blog