New GOSH Nail Lacquers + A Drugstore Manicure!

So I was looking at holographic nail varnishes online the others day, in particular, OPI's and china Glaze's. Not really wanting to shell out £6-£10 on them in this country (or trying to find them online!) i tried searching to see if I could get get hold of any drugstore ones. I heard rumours of GOSH having a holographic polish, so i had to pop into town today so I wanted to see if I could find it. And I did!
Also, I swear these used to be £4.50? Or even cheaper? But they're now £5! Oh well.
Anyway, the colour of
GOSH 549 Holographic is fantastic - a silver holo. However, this is definitely a summer colour, and definitely for those with patience. The formula is completely different to other GOSH polishes, wish slide on smooth and chunk-free. This one was gloopy and chunky, and honestly made me a bit sad! It did level out eventually, but the coverage was patchy.


One coat, bald patches clearly visible. One the bottle it advises you to use their base-coat, so I used my go-to OPI basecoat, and I don't think it liked that, it actually went on much better on a bare nail. A little bit of internet-searchin' tells me that this wasn't formulated for long-lasting wear, it was made for nights out and you're not supposed to use a topcoat. That's me told, I suppose.

Still, in the sun, it's damn amazing.


Check out that holo, haha. But like I said previously, I think it's definitely a summer-polish, when I'm out in the sun all day, because indoors it is a dull, plain silver with a teensy bit of shimmer, see:


Not good!

The other polish I picked up was
546 Rainbow. I've seen this before, but never really fancied it until now, for some reason. In any case, it's incredible!


As soon as I got home I whacked it on over the
Revlon Minted I was wearing, and it looked pretty sweet.


Then I wondered what it would look like with China Glaze's Matte Magic over the top.. and let me tell you it's also excellent. The flakes seem to really glow when you do this.


I swatched it over a few different colours and found it looked great over pinks and purples. I got this colour at Sainsbury's a week ago, and contrary to what my camera says,
Rimmel Blue My Mind is a definite blue-purple, just my camera wouldn't pick up the purple bit, loser.


On it's own.
And with Rainbow on top..:


I think this would look great over a black, and I want to try it over a hot-pink next! You can't really see it in all the pictures, but the flakes have a greenish blue flash to them, as well as the pinkish-orange that's clearly visible. It sunlight, they really glow, and the flakes are excellent, I can't keep my eyes of them!

Both are £5, and available from your nearest Superdrug, and I think you can even get selected shades on the
Superdrug website. (:

On a note, yes, my nails are shorter! I broke three of them at work, and had to file them all ridiculously short. I'm not even going to
show you my right hand, it's that atrocious!

Search This Blog