Frankenwhatting?

A while back now I was reading somewhere about using eyeshadow pigments in your nail polish and became quite curious, but then I forgot about things and went back to my every day life.. Until today, when I stumbled upon Dr. Frankenpolish's blog, and was intrigued. So I bust out some of my pigments, one of my favourites being MAC's Old Gold, which I've had forever and barely made a dent in because it's super pigmented.



In some lights, it looks almost brown and dull, then others, an antiqued gold, then a shimmering green - it's truly one of the most unique colours that MAC do.
Step two, I dug out some old bottles of top-coat where the brush doesn't quite reach the bottom (one of the most irritating things, I swear!) and found an old bit of plastic to experiment on, but eventuallllly..


Voila! Such a gorgeous colour, my mum kept commenting on it at dinner this evening, telling me what a pretty colour it was, haha. I love putting this colour over a black base on my eyes, because it really brings out the duochrome, so I think I'm going to have to purchase a black polish and try that out.
Not gonna lie, it takes a bit of experimenting to get the consistency right, and the top-coat I used had gone a bit gloopy.. but generally it worked pretty well. I think I'm going to raid my mum's craft room, I know she has some exciting glitters in there to experiment with. Have you ever frankenpolished any colours? What are you experiences with glitter..? Let me know! I'm really interested.


Oh, and it was gloriously sunny today so me and one of the besties popped into town for a little window-shopping and some lunch. I shopped, oops.. But check out that green! What on earth, Revlon?! I have never ever in my life spent more than a fleeting glance at your stand, your makeup, truthfully, bores me - then slap-bang in between all the reds and pinks was this stunner. I'll do a post on it as soon as I can!

Sorry this wasn't posted earlier, I rushed out to see a film with my friends -
Shelter with Julianne Moore and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. It was awful beyond words! Honest to God, we almost walked out after half an hour, before remembering we'd paid to see it haha. At least it was good to get out of the house and have lots of laughs for a little bit with some friends, because I just wanted to forget about everything for a little while!

Search This Blog