Markets of Paris

Paris marche are one of the best things to do on a Sunday aren't they?
I seem to return to the Raspail Bio marche every Sunday.
It never disappoints for pure visual beauty.
Chef Marthe pointed out the best purveyors for herbs and olive oil. Having a knowledgable guide makes a huge difference.
The new 2nd edition of Markets of Paris is the next best thing. Now lighter weight so easy to bring along. I know I will in July.
I'm loving the new organization. It's set up by arrondissements rather than Paris Central-East-North-West etc. like the last edition. So much easier to find exactly the marche you want. Crafts, antiques, books and fleas are included. In the back is a list of marche open (44) on Sundays.
There are maps front and back of the book.
Maybe because I run so much during the week, I like to relax a bit on Sundays and go to the food marches. I'm such a creature of habit going back to the same place over and over. A good reason to take a tour like Paris By Mouth to marche Bastille to try someplace new.
It's always a good to get there early before the good stuff is gone.
Look for sellers with long lines.
Like this fish monger - I learned that from Phyllis but it's common sense.
I'm captivated by the kitchen gizmo man (I love my herbe-chopping sissors)
A woman at the next stand tells me I should buy this goat cheese (only available that week). Course it was all gone. Still a la prochaine/next time as they say...
I heart this dryed fruit and nut bread.
I only buy radishes at the open marches.
I knew M. would have that bread at lunch later on. She lives nearby Raspail marche - Lucky duck!
You'd think the way Parisian dogs are so often off the lead they could hold your place in line while you shop elsewhere...
Always a slew of French kiddies at the marches..
Take a look on Amazon  at the newest Markets of Paris
Maybe next trip I'll visit some place new with this in my valise...

Search This Blog