Les Tendance Blancs

 It's a well-known cultural difference that the French do not go in for big toothy grins at the drop of the hat like Americans.
 Serenity now with a hint of mystere - oui.
A slightly open mouth is OK.
Rosecrans Baldwin mentions in Paris, I ♥ You But etc. etc.,
"On two separate occasions, we were asked to resubmit our photos: too much smiling. No visible happiness was allowed in official pictures - pas de sourire, visage degage. To become Parisian was business tres serious."
 Imagine my surprise when I saw on the cover of every French Girl's bible, Elle Magazine a big article on whitening your teeth!?
 
 As if the invasion of the cupcake/hamburger were not bad enough? 
 Are we about to be assaulted with big smiles on every corner in Paris?
 Tony Martin's toothy grin in the Metro is managable I suppose...
 But really this is a trend/tendance that will not take off IMHO.
 Oh the other hand the BIG white watch is everywhere.
 This has taken off.
Even French Girl was wearing one as she left for Shanghai.
 I'm flirting with this white Baby-G as the essential accessory to wear this summer in Paris. But I'll never paint my teeth shiny white.
 Pastry expert Raids-Patisseries Louise was wearing one, though she pooh-poohed the idea she was being trendy. Hmmmm...
 Of course white cyclamen will always be in - these are from Marais Vertige.
 You can't get more classic than milk in the vitrine of frozen yogurt MYLK near Odeon.
 Who did not cut their baby teeth on vanilla ice cream? Another classic white.
 Last December Katerina requested a facade of Paris Hotel Shangri-la.
 She reminded me in April, when it was easy to pass by, take photos and do a sketch.
 I could not resist going inside (at 8am) and having a look.
Their afternoon tea in the 'La Bohinia' is considered to be quite spectacular. It's on my to-do list when I win the lottery perhaps...
This Paris dog's white tail?
What's not to love?

Search This Blog