French Champagne!

Financier Pastries Red Fruits with Rose Champagne, watercolor, 9" x 11"
Financier Pastries Yesterday I learned I can drink rose champagne with red fruity, chocolatie desserts. Do you LOVE REAL French Champagne?
You would have adored yesterday's French Comite Champagne tasting in Hotel Plaza's ballroom...
You got a chance to speak directly to 30 champagne makers from Rheims and Epernay...
They were happy to explain to you with passion the whys and wherefores of their brand's characteristics...
You got just a slug to taste, but after many slugs...hmmm

Of course you can 'nose' champagne to enhale the aromas, floral or fruity - as long as you have a tall glass and wait for the bubbles to quiet...


Don't forget to SPIT and do not drink up to the last drop or you'll never make it around the room in one piece (like some people)


Cleanse your palate with a plain cracker occasionally...


Pommery guides me in tasting a 'flight' of three - their most recent, one a few years older and their vintage Champagne from 2004 - simply divine. But I forgot to spit. Too divine to waste...


I paid later for my enthusiasm when I sit down momentarily, then got up leaving my purse and CAMERA on the chaise! I looked for my lipstick but my bag and camera were missing. I raced back and hotel security cames up to me, "Are you missing something Miss?" MON DIEU! Thank Gawd women wear lipstick.

Isn't this Belle Epoque bottle of Rose beautiful?

Financier Pastries Isn't this red fruit and chocolate tarte perfect to go with the Rose. But it was not served at the tasting.

Excellent French fromage et fruits were...


What's YOUR favorite Champagne? Some people drink it every night. Why not? There are so many to choose from. Do try a different brand next time...

BONJOUR FRENCH CHAMPAGNE!

Search This Blog