Financier Pastries

Financier Pastries Petit Four Immersion watercolor, 9" x 11"
Financier Pastries I'm been going through serious petit four immersion.
Really I should be immersed in the pool doing water gym...
Financier Pastries I recently discovered a very French NYC patisserie, Financier Pastries. I bought their little beauties this past weekend to paint. Here's what's left of the original 16...
Financier Pastries Unlike the other brand's petit fours that jumped around in transit-these could have used some plastic surgery once home...
Financier Pastries Foodwalker, a professional caterer, asked me if they taste as good as they look.
Financier Pastries Petit Four research sketches...
Financier Pastries They do!
Financier Pastries Perfect to get in the right frame of mind to see Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris homage to the city of lights.

Financier Pastries I happened to pass by another Financier shop yesterday to check if their pastries really were as good as I thought they were...

Financier Pastries They are. Green and white stripped awnings, lots of French-esque details. And they have macarons.



Financier Pastries Their signature pastry is the golden bar-shaped almond 'financier' cake - their first shops opened near Wall street. Chef Eric Bedoucha grew up in Paris and got his training at Dalloyau...

Some of you asked after Yellow Bird. I almost called this post 'My Left Foot'. Yellow bird is recoverying from a foot injury but he's back with a bit of Scotch (tape) to the rescue.

BONJOUR Petits Fours!

Search This Blog