Pastry Sketch Crawl

Last Saturday, January 22nd there was a Sketch Crawl marathon. Groups of artists gathered in Rio, Paris, Sydney, NYC, SF, etc. and went out sketching together. Naturalement I heard about it on Sunday, the day after. C'est toujours comme ca non?
I rarely go out sketching onsite, but I decided to create my own sketch crawl, just drawing pastry in various New York tea salons...
First stop Pain Quotidien and this lush tarte framboise + a pot of mint tea.
On a cold Sunday night the joint was buzzing...
I was nervous as a cat. I set up my tiny paint boxes,
And commenced painting with my sketchbook on my lap!
Not easy at all let me tell you :(
Yikes!
The folks at the next table wanted to know if I would eventually EAT that tarte..?
It was all I could do to figure out where to place the tarte on the paper, much less think of putting it in my stomach. (I took the #$@ thing home to study and nibbled off the raspberries before any serious studying took place - c'est la vie)
Voila!
My sketches tableside at PQ...
Who could resist drawing a honey bear?
Pas moi...
Et enfin - le finished painting
The same Paris bookshop offering yesterday's baking sets had this Draw-A-Horse set in the vitrine. Oh where is the how-to-draw-a-raspberry-tarte set SVP?
Aides moi!
This is my 'January' project (and February-March until I get to Paris and can do this properly). I'm in the early warming up stages of my Pastry Sketch Crawl.
WE CAN DO THIS NON???
All moral support is most welcome
SVP!

Search This Blog