Parisian Chic 2

Just before I traipsed off to Paris I told you about Ines de la Fressange's new book, Parisian Chic. How thrilling to see Galeries Lafayette do an homage to Ines and her book (called LA PARISIENNE in the French version). No surprise either. Ines is quite the icon for the French. They even awarded her the presigious Legion d'honneur. All the vitrines/windows were filled with Ines-like mannikins set in classic iconic Parisian spots like Cafe du Flore in St.-Germain du Pres...
Including the perfect classic afternoon tea from Cafe du Flore...
The iconic Parisian street lamps were filled with miniature Eiffel Towers and L'Arc de Triomphes..
The iconic street bench painted pink...
Chaise from the jardin du Luxumborg also pink and laden with l'aire du Temps perfume (is that Ines' favorite?)

In the video Ines was nattering on about Parisian chicness:

'On her hair:

'Without product, I am like Olive Oyl.'

The Asian press call: "What is Inès's favourite restaurant?"

I never go to the restaurant!

Who goes to the restaurant?'

On being recognised:

'People imagine I am always in a Bentley with pearls and diamonds and black glasses and Karl Lagerfeld next to me. And usually people say, "It is incredible how you look like Inès de la Fressange." And then usually I say, "She is much older, isn't she?" And they say, "Maybe." ' BIG MERCI PBers for being so patient and buying Ines' book when it finally came out. I'm still struggling with the French version and must get a copy in English a toute a suite!

As I was grabbing a pile of black clothes to throw in my suitcase, I had a Parisian Chic epiphany when I noticed I had one of FRENCH GIRL's cardigans in the pile. I took a good long look and it hit me. Such amusing details! Faux leather patches at the elbows! Little brass buttons down the front! Why the heck was my black cardi so plain vanilla blah?
It made perfect sense. This flat bow is adorable on the back of French Girl's Paul Ka jacket non?
And could the details on this skirt be more charmant? Are you getting it too?
A last word from BEAR (who is working like mad on his own Le Bearsian Chic book).

Think CHIC ET PRATIQUE PBers!
And while you're tossing these thoughts around have a petit bouche/little bite of religieuse chocolat why not?

BONJOUR PARISIAN CHIC2!

Search This Blog