Flower School NY

La Peonie de Maman, art on Etsy, 9" x 11"

~

For ages I've been wanting to go to Flower School's open studio Saturdays...

I was booked in January and then ze Back kicked in. Last Saturday I went. It was held at floral shop, Opalia owned by Phoebe Crary in Brooklyn, 377 Atlantic avenue. The windows were full of wild dancing poppies - the stems are filled with sap so you can't cut them or they'll die instantly... Inside an endless array of flowers wait to be choosen for your bouquet. I usually paint just 1 or 2 flowers and my vases are tiny so I was stumped...
The other students have taken Flower School intro classes...
And are busy creating complex masterpieces...
The instructor was whipping out perfect bouquets in minutes. YIKES! This is daunting.
I ran out to eat something at nearby Bedouin Tent, 405 Atlantic Ave. This picture has me munching hummos and carrots as I post.
Back to face the flowers and finally choose a few ranunculas... And one tight pink peonie bud...
Mini display bouquets around the shop give me courage. Just ONE flower - my kind of bouquet! Yay.

Meanwhile 'Roses' finished TWO divine arrangements...

And the other student reached the heights of orchid perfection.

My handiwork looks raggedy. Hmmm... I did paint the peonie. I plan to attend another open studio Saturday at Flower School. I'll take some Dutch courage next time.


This Parisien Piggy says, "Don't eat to much chocolate this weekend!"

BONJOUR FLOWER SCHOOL!

et

Bon Week-End!

Search This Blog