Del Posto

Printemps Daffodils, watercolor at Etsy, 9" x 11"
~

Printemps thumbnails...

~

I has a Spring lunch at Del Posto yesterday at 85 10th avenue...
They have one of the best prix fix lunches in town ($29! for 3 courses)
Bowers of orchids greet you in a gracious, airy space...

My first course was a mini jungle of roasted winter vegetables...
Whoops I forgot the amuse-bouche - little cups of soup and risi bisi/rice balls with gold dust sprinkled on them...
My niece had a lobster thing first...
My main was sea bass with droplets of Campari/blood red orange and sauted radiccio. Verdict = Out Of This World!
My niece's fiance had the Artic char with truffles and chestnuts. But we were not allowed bites. Suffice it say it was divine as well...
Well heck EVERYTHING was divine. The desserts were perfection - delicate and light.
The Butterscotch semi-fredo is reknown at Del Posto but the fiancee ordered it, so it was look but don't touch...ahem
Isn't this a great way to serve a pistachio chocolate cakelet with a slice already cut out? It was perfectly accompanied with a dollop of tart yogurt gelato.
And not to forget the tiny little caramels, popcicles and truffles post-dessert.
I was walking on air post-lunch at Del Posto...
But these 'green' cats and dogs in a vets window brought me down to earth quickly...
BONJOUR DEL POSTO!

Search This Blog