New York CHOCOLATE SHOW 2010

I went as 'press' yesterday to the New York Chocolate Show and it never disappoints though I was surprised to see so many French chocolate companies represented.
It's never surprising to see all the free samples offered at the New York show, unlike the Paris Salon du Chocolat where 'free' samples often require a magnifying glass...ahem
Mary Chocolate Co. of Japan always has yummy macha-chocolates to taste...
Even more surprising was catching top Paris patissier, Pierre Herme onsite tasting and checking out the New York show! ! !
I couldn't miss catching a group shot of Pierre Herme at the French Valrhona stand with the chocolate show organizers, Sylvie Douce et Francois Jeantet.
Francois Pralus showed up at the NY show with all his French goodies.
Do stop by and taste his chestnut spread-miam-miam
It's a bonanza for the kids, who surely need more early training in the finer points of chocolate percentages at Comptoir du Cacao...
Enrobed grapes in French milk, white or dark chocolate from Les Fondues au Chocolat anyone?
Truffles?
And for the grownups rum punches...
There were lots of people out tasting and buying yesterday perhaps because it was Veterans Day...
Swedish chocolatier, Hakan Martensson of Fika Choklad NYC is usually on hand creating chocolate sculptures. He told me he never knows exactly what's going to come out - it's all left up to serendipity. The chocolate wolf sculpture in the foreground has just eaten Red Riding Hood!
I love Maison Boissier's packaging and they have special prices for the show - I didn't realize they have a tea salon in the 16th arr...
I bought some Barry Callbaut chips - perfect for my morning cup of chocolat chaud...
Chocolat Michel Cluizel now has a shop on 5th Avenue...
A ready education in percentage chocolates from E.Guittard, supplier to most US pastry chefs, is on offer...
Taste PLEASE!!
And sniff something savory - Spices and Tease are at the Paris Salon too...
There are chocolate fashions to consider nibbling - Not allowed!
I tried Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula free samples last year and I love this stuff.
Your friendly undercover pastry stalker kept her eye on Pierre Herme. I was interested to see him pick up and purchase hot NY pastry chef Johnny Iuzzini's Dessert Foreplay cookbook...
This morning I spent several hours watching chef Iuzzini online at Bravo's Just Desserts - Are you a fan?
Quite elaborate and intriguing desserts - I'll be back at the Chocolate show on Sunday to see Chef Iuzzini do his demo and I'll report back on Monday.

BONJOUR NY CHOCOLATE SHOW 2010!

Search This Blog