Le Boulanger des Invalides Jocteur

 I was going to tell you about a book today but I got hungry...
 Louise Chauchard of Raids-Patisserie suggested I make Le Boulanger des Invalides Jocteur my HQ(headquarters).
 It was Louise who first introduced me to Boulanger.
 Which is a pretty dreamy version of 'la vie en rose'.
 I was shooting through the glass at the cashier in my inimitable surreptitious way.
 When the vendeuse suggested why didn't I shoot OVER the glass for a better view. This is an absolute first in a Parisian patisserie in my experience and reason alone to go to the Boulanger.
 Louise introduced me to their Lyonaise sablee cookie with praline topping
 And their blueberry cake (to-die-for).
 Louise is fond of their pistache/abricot slice and now I am addictee too.
 I discovered all on my own Boulanger's 'bichon' framboise and citron. I still don't know what a bichon is and I don't need to. Just give me one NOW! The best description I can think of - it's a folded pate brisee(I think) pocket glazed with apricot and filled with either lemon curd or confiture de framboise. Either one will make you very happy.
 Prices are reasonable at Le Boulanger.
The pink chicken in the window is inedible which is probably a very good thing.
Le Boulanger des Invalides Jocteur
14 Avenue Villars, 75007
Metro - Saint Francois-Xavier
Bus 87

Search This Blog