MAC Survey!

I am so sorry I've been so bad with posting! I'd like to say that I've been busy, but the truth is, my days have been so unbusy, that I've become ridiculously lazy and lethargic. I'm trying to break this slump though, and I've been cooking an awful lot, particularly baking. 

That said - I have a confession to make, I'm afraid. Please don't judge me but.. I've been hauling several times this month. Hauling. Big hauls. Two shopping trips to London and numerous visits to my local department stores are bad for my wallet. I was going to update you on everything in one big post, but I think I'll organise it either by brands/different outings/different products.

Anyway, expect lots of pictures soon! Heres a MAC survey I came across. (:


How long have you been using Mac?

Ooh, god knows. Probably since about 2006? Started buying a lot about 2007. Remebering loving Lure in June 06, and getting stuff for my birthday! Heh.

What was your first Mac product?

Trax Eyeshadow! I thought I was so cool.

What's your all time favourite Mac product?

Oh, man. Probably the eyeshadows or the lippies.

What's your least favourite Mac product?

Mascaras/Mineralize Eyeshadows! Sorry!

Do you own a Pro Card?

Nope - one day!

Your Mac foundation shade:

NW 15/20/25, depending on the foundation, and time of year. 

Your favourite Mac-Foundation:

Mineralize Satinfinish SPF15

Eyeshadow:

Love these! I have like five palettes full, and then lots of other eyeshadows and things lying about. I could never pick just one, haha.

Lipstick:

Oh man...I love these! Hmm..my favourites are probably something like Hug Me or Russian Red. Today I wore Plumful and I forgot how much I love love love it.  

Lipgloss:

I only have one, I'm not a huge fan, I think there are some much better ones, honestly! I have two orange ones, the Nice to be Nice from Hello Kitty was alright, I suppose. I like the colour of the Dazzleglasses, if not the quality.

Liner:

I loveeee Blacktrack. Smoulder Eye Kohl's okay, it just smudges like crazy.

Brush:

I think their brushes are amazing, they're the best ones I use. I have quite a few, now.

Nail Lacquer:

It seems a tad overpriced, tbh, cause the quality is never amazing when you swatch.

Pro Product:

Probably glitters or the pro-pans, are my favourites. I adore the 3D Silver Glitter


Comment on the following Mac product; Have you used them? If so, give feedback.

Prep + Prime Skin:

Never tried it! My friend has it, and says it has a bit of a sheen to it.

Full Coverage Foundation:

n/a

Studio Sculpt Foundation:

I do like this foundation, but I'm a bit more tanned now its summer, and I feel it makes me look a tad washed out. When it's winter, I feel like it'll be amazing.

Face + Body Foundation:

n/a.

Mineralize Satin Finish:

I switched from this to the Studio Sculpt, but I think I prefer this, if I'm honest, it gives a lovely shimmer.

Studio Fix Fluid:

I've heard this breaks people out, never tried.

Hyper Real Foundation:

n/a

Select SPF15 Foundation:

n/a

Studio Tech Foundation:

n/a

Studio Fix Powder:

n/a

Studio Stick:

n/a

Hyper Real Pressed Foundation:

n/a

Beauty Powder:

n/a, some of them are pretty, though.

Sculpting Powder:

Used one, do like it. (:

Shaping Powder:

They don't really do much. );

Loose Blot Powder:

Never tried actually, I prefer pressed powders.

Pressed Blot Powder:

LOVE this. Always in my bag on nights out.

Mineralize Skinfinish Natural:

Adore it. Sets my face every day.

Mineralize Skinfinsh:

I LOVE these. They're very pretty, but I never reach for them! I'm not sure why. I wore New Vegas today, and loved it. I was glad, because I've only used a handful of times.

Bronzing Powder:

I have never tried, have other favourite bronzers.

Powder Blush:

I only have two! They're alright, but I prefer Nars blushes.

Blushcreme:

I have a dislike for cream blushes!

Mineralize Blush:

I have two, one I ALWAYS wear, the other is way too dark. Shop lights = misleading!

Gel Blush:

Never tried, swatched it, didn't like.

Cream Color Base:

n/a, they feel a little greasy though, when I swatch them.

Studio Sculpt Concealer:

n/a

Select Cover Up Concealer:

Do love this, for a liquid concealer.

Select Moisture cover Concealer:

n/a

Studio Finish Concealer:

My concealer atm. It's drying, but excellent coverage. I will probably go back to Select Cover-Up, afterwards.

Studio Stick:

n/a, but may try soon.

Lip Erase:

n/a

Tinted Lip Conditioner:

Okay, but I prefer other lipbalms/conditions, like Carmex.

Lipstick:

ADORE. I have so many.

Lipglass:

Have one, but they wayyyy too sticky, blah. Prefer glossy.

See Thru Lip Color:

n/a

Dazzleglass:

I LOVE the colour and the glitter, but I despise the formula. Less sticky, please!

Cremesheen Glass:

n/a, seemed weirdly creamy/watery.

Lip Gelee:

n/a

Lip Pencil:

n/a

Solar Bits:

n/a, cute, but seem crazy glittery.

Nail Lacquer:

n/a, but they seem run-of-the-mill.

Shadestick:

Blech! So glad they're phasing these out. Drying, bad formula, boring etcetc. 

Paint:

n/a

Paint Pots:

Loveee! The three from the McQueen collectio - and they're amazing. Love the colours.

Eye Shadow:

I love the huge range of colours, finishes, everything. People say there are duds, but I think you have to work around it.

Pigment:

I love these too! Wish they were tad small, but they're great. I have a few, really got into them, recently.

Glitter:

Adore them! (:

Eye Kohl:

Alright, I suppose. They smudge like mad, though.

Chromaline:

I have a red one, it's awesome.

Fluidline:

Absolutely love my Blacktrack! Wear it every day, pretty much.

Liquid Last Liner:

I had/have a blue one (I'm not sure where it is! I may have thrown it away). Nice, but I wish they were easier to get off! I hatehatehate oilbased removers, and I don't want to scrub at my eyes.

Lustre Drops:

Almost bought this, sort of wish I had.

False Lashes:

n/a, but they look awesome.

ProLash Mascara,Zoom Lash Mascara,Plush Lash Mascara, Dazzle Lash Mascara:

I have Zoom Lash, the girl talked me into getting it, and I hate it.


What has been your favourite Mac collection to date?

Ohh, wow. I loveddd the Neo-Sci-Fi pacacking! Uhmn. C-Shock was awesome. I wanted everything from that collection. Cult of Cherry was great, as was Star Flash and Alexander McQueen for MAC..

Which Mac collection, in your opinion, do you think was disappointing, if any?

A lot, to be quite honest. Hello Kitty, Style Warrior & Dame Edna (AWFUL packaging!), anything with Mineralize Eyeshadows (Electroflash, etc), Fafi, Metal-X.. I'm a pain to please, sorry!

What products do you think Mac are missing?

Good mascaras and better lipglosses.

Search This Blog