Hello!

Hello everyone! Welcome to my blog, "Let's Go To Paris, Tonight!" I do a few videos on my youtube account, but I have lots of pictures, and videos are always hard to find the time to do, for me, so I thought a blog would be a good idea! 

To tell you a little bit about me, I'm nineteen-years-old, from Hampshire, I'm a student, I just finished sixth-form college, off to do a foundation degree in art & design in the autumn. I love watching films and going out with my friends drinking & dancing - in equal measures. I adore bright colours, and not just on makeup. 

So to get us started, here's a little survey type thing.


1. On average, for application of your typical day-to-day work/college makeup, how long do you spend? How long do you spend on going out/special occasion makeup?

Well, for college, or work, from in bed to dressed and out the door, it normally takes me about forty minutes. So I'd say, roughly, around twenty minutes to do my face for work or college. I generally don't wear a whole lot of makeup, just throw some foundation on and some eyeliner and mascara, and some lipbalm. If I'm going out.. well, that varies too. If, say, I'm going out to dinner with my parents or something, I'll do a plain eyeshadow, usually, and then foundation. If I'm going out with my friends for the night, I'll take a bit longer.


2. What's your favourite makeup look?

Ooh, that's a hard one. I love a gold-brown smoky eye, personally! With a pale pink/peach or nude lip. That's quick become one of my favourites recently.


3. If you were stranded on a desert island, what beauty products would you want with you?

Probably suncream! Haha, that, a good shampoo and conditioner, lipbalm and moisturiser. If it's just me, I wouldn't care too much about makeup.


4. What "must-haves" do you always carry in your handbag?

I tend to switch my bag's around a bit, and products get mixed up or lost, but I do like to have some kind of hand moisturiser with me, one of my favourites are Body Shop's body butters, particularly in strawberry. Carmex! Carmex works wonders and I try and keep one around as much as possible. The lipstick/lipgloss I'm wearing that day often lurks at the bottom of my bag, along with a blot powder. I don't know if it counts as a beauty product, but I try and keep some hand-sanitiser hanging around in there, too.


5. High-Street or High-End makeup? What're your favourite brands?

Eep, I have to say.. high-end! I don't buy too much high high end though, like Chanel, etc. I tend to stick with things like MAC, Nars, Benefit, Estee Lauder - more middle of the road than high or low. I think MAC is probably my favourite brand, even though I've become a little disheartened with some of their collections recently. And I'm not a total high-end snob, despite what people think. I think GOSH are an excellent high-street brand. I think Rimmel are pretty good, too, and I love Barry M's nail-paints. 


6. How do you look after your skin?

Unfortunately, I was not blessed with good skin. I had acne when I was younger, and still get breakouts. I get a bit obsessive about taking off all my makeup, using a good cleanser/toner/moisturiser, a gentle exfoliator now and then. And the best thing for blemishes? Definitely Sudocrem, as weird as that sounds.


7. What is your signature scent?

Oh, I adore perfume. My signature scent is definitely Paul Smith Floral. Smells absolutely perfect, all times of year. I heard rumours it was being discontinued - if that's true, I'll be so sad.


8. Do you have a beauty vice?

Perfume and eyeshadows! Unfortunately, both are these are expensive habits.


9. What is your beauty pet-peeve?

Oh, god, where do I start? Haha. Unblended eyeshadow is one of my hatreds. Bad eyeliner (ie, like stars and patterns drawn near the eyeliner, drives me nuts unless it's done well). Foundation that doesn't match the skintone is another one. Streaky fake-tan! 'Blanked out' or overly nude lips make me cringe, too. Let's just say, the badmakeup community on Livejournal is one of my favourites!


10. Who is your beauty icon?

I don't think I really have a beauty icon, if I'm honest. I do think Rihanna's makeup always looks awesome. I adore Sarah Chapman's makeup style - otherwise known as Pixiewoo.


11. Finally, do you have a beauty philosophy?

Depends what you consider a "philosophy", I suppose. I mostly live by the rule that I'll wear it if I like the way it looks, rule. For example, I'll wear bright lipstick with bright eyeshadow, I'll wear tons of glitter, because I love glitter. I don't think that just because you're a certain age or skintone, or whatever, you should be stuck in one kind of style. 


There you go! Look forward to more posts from me. (:

Search This Blog