Oranges!

It has been insanely hot over here, recently! I went for a picnic and walk with my friends the other day, and it was the hottest day of the year so far (now beaten by yesterday!), and my face felt like it was melting, haha. As much as I love the sunshine and the heat - it's been a little bit too hot for a full face of makeup, recently. However, it has been good for one thing - a tan! I'm actually getting quite brown, which is lovely. As long as you're careful about using SPF, I don't see much problem with I don't know weather its the sunshine or the heat but I'm really into these bronzes and oranges, recently.
I dropped by MAC recently, to check out the Style Warriors collection - and whilst I wasn't that impressed with the collection in general (the packaging completely put me off!), I did spot this little gem; MAC's Loose Iridescent Powder in Golden Bronze. At £15.17, it's a good buy, as a pot will last you ages, if you're hygenic, because it's such a highly pigmented powder. As you'll be able to see from the following swatch, one little swipe gives off a high payoff - so I recommend using a big brush 
with a little bit of product, and blending it a lot!
"Golden Bronze" - MAC

I recently invested in Off The Radar pigment, too, which is a beautiful, rich colour. A burnt orange with gold sparkles, I'm loving this brushed across the lid with a flick of a eyeliner. Unforunately, this was Limited Edition, so it's going to be hard to find. However, it's like a better pigmented version of one side of Nars Mediterranée eyeshadow. It's a very pretty colour, if you can get your hands on it.
"Off The Radar" - MAC

For a more glittery bronzed look, there are loads of Mineralize Skinfinishes' out there by MAC with bronze finishes. One of my favourites is Warmed, which was released with the N Collection (and possibly repromoted?). A very pretty, warm bronze, with gold highlights.
"Warmed" - MAC

If you want a more subtle cheek-colour, try out Luster blush by Nars, a very pretty, bronze-peach, which looks beautiful on the cheekbones. If bright orange isn't really your thing, you could try something like Galapagos eyeshadow, also by Nars. Similar to their 'Night' eyeshadows - full of specks of glitter - it looks pretty swept across the lid, close to the lashes.
"Luster" and "Galapagos"

Something else I've been favouring recently (especially for work - or popping out to see 
a friend), is a really simply wash of colour all over the lid, with either just mascara, or a plain flick of eyeliner. My favourite colour for this look is "Evening Aura" - but that was Limited Edition with Neo Sci-Fi, so a good alternative is a beautiful bronze-gold from Urban Decay - "Half Baked".
"Half Baked" - Urban Decay
"Evening Aura" - MAC

I'm not really a fan of lip-colour, especially when it's hot (with lots of drinking, it just wears off anyway). If anything, I'd get a long-lasting lipstick or a sticky lipgloss that'll stay. One of my favourite is Stila's lipglaze in "Apricot". It's a perfect shade of glossy fleshtone-pink, and whilst yes, it is horrendous sticky, its a very pretty colour, enough to give a bit of colour without overpowering. The same goes for "Pleasureseeker", another colour from Neo Sci-Fi (but I'm sure there are a hundred dupes). If you're into nudes, which I sort of am, there's one you should definitely try - GOSH's "Darling", lipstick.
If you're feeling even more low-maintenance in the heat, you can try a completely plain face, with a shocking orange lipstick, such as "Electro", "Morange", or "Vegas Volt".
L-R: "Apricot - Stila, "Pleasureseeker" - MAC, "Darling" - GOSH, "Electro" - MAC.

All pictures are mine. Will show you some FOTD's when I'm feeling less sickly! Haha. Should be going into London next week, and I have a list of things I want to buy!

Search This Blog